What is BCT?
Business Chinese Test is a state-level standardized test designed to assess the Chinese proficiency of non-native speakers engaged in business activities. BCT is developed by Peking University under the entrustment of Office of Chinese Language Council International (“Hanban” for short). Its English name is Business Chinese Test (“BCT” for short).
BCT assesses the communicative ability of test takers using Chinese in a wide range of business-related career occasions, daily life and social interaction. The test mainly features practicality and communicativeness. This test consists of two relatively independent tests: BCT (Listening & Reading) and BCT (Speaking & Writing). test takers may sit for one or both of them at a time. There is no limit to candidates’ age, education or length of learning Chinese.
Hanban is the supervisor of Business Chinese Test, and the issuer of “Business Chinese Test Certificate.”
Business Chinese Test is held regularly in China and other countries each year.
Over 1.3 Billion people speak Chinese. BCT will help you to reach Millions of Business oppurtunities created in Chinese Language
BCT has five levels in total to describe the business Chinese proficiency of test takers, namely:
- Level 1 Incapable of communication in Chinese in business activities.
- Level 2 Capable of basic communication in Chinese in business activities.
- Level 3 Capable of fairly effective communication in Chinese in business activities.
- Level 4 Capable of fairly skillful communication in Chinese in business activities.
- Level 5 Capable of appropriate communication in Chinese in business activities.